More commitments to myself.
Welcome to the 56th episode of Giving Back Insights, my Thursday solo show where I talk about how our guests and their charities serve others, to explore actions each of can take to make a difference in people’s lives and to share. Today I’m discussing to Proof that you get more than you give. Listen to today’s episode and don’t forget to give your feedback and valuable comment. Enjoy!
Starting 2018 by stretching outside of my comfort zone: my first FB Live and recording today’s show at the same time. Not as bad as I thought once I got started, like most obstacles. This is a great lesson for me: Think of where I would be if I’d started FB Live on 4th of July like I wanted!
Resolutions: commitments to myself because I’m worthy.
- Being present: F2F in person or from a distance
- Give back, connecting people and organizations and resources so leaders can serve more people
- Working with leaders: spreading message and resources about giving back
Charity Charge card: everybody can get one, but it’s not for everyone. The credit card reserved for people who care. Stephen Garten recently asked me for proof that you get more than you give. Here goes:
- Short term: start with science. We get a chemical rush when we give for the right reasons. Dopamine, Serotonin, Endorphins. Awesome!
- Medium term: connecting with people who share a common value outside our normal circles. Our worlds expand. We grow: personally, mentally, emotionally, spiritually. We’re happier the more social we become. Sweet!
- Long term: we do stuff with people we like. Socially and Professionally, our networks grow. The things we do are exposed to a greater number of people who like us and trust us. When they or someone they know needs what we do, you’re the one they’re gonna call.
Some business examples: Aaron Steed from Meathead Movers and #MoveToEndDV, Jason Kveton from Culver’s, Whole Foods & Zingerman’s from Conscious Capitalism by John Mackey.
This stuff really works. If it sounds too hippy-dippy or touchy-feely, make your own move outside of your comfort zone and give it a shot. What have you got to lose? More importantly, what do you have to GAIN?
Remember: Always err on the side of love & kindness. Look what it does for you!
Love & Gratitude,
Rob’s first FB Live, Proof that you get more than you give 😍
Proof that you get more than you give 😍
Posted by Rob Lowe on Saturday, January 6, 2018